Monday, July 20, 2009

Zoom!

For my last week at The Bellingham Herald, I stayed with Gus' family. No matter what kind of day it had been, I knew it would have a good ending. Little feet raced to the front door as soon as the knob turned, and I'd be greeted with a great big smile from this little guy. Somehow, it always helped put things in perspective.

This weekend I got to visit with Gus, who's about to turn 5 and is as full of joy as ever. As a baby learning to walk, he'd zoom everywhere. (The momentum kept him from falling down.) Gus still zooms, except now he's all arms and legs. I can't believe how tall he is getting!
ss
Gus, of course, isn't the least bit camera shy. His dad (holding him below) is the photo editor at The Herald, and a mentor and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment