Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Imogen Cunningham at SAM

My part-time job at the Seattle Art Museum comes with one unbeatable perk: free admission. Chris and I went for the opening weekend of a show by Northwest photographer Imogen Cunningham (1883–1976).

Cunningham's work made me lust after my own macro lens (look at this beautiful image), and inspired me to carry my camera around. On our walk back, I made a couple of quick pictures.

Smith Tower. An 84-year-old SAM volunteer told me that when he moved to Seattle 50 years ago, Smith Tower was the tallest building in town. Now it's hard to find it between all the skyscrapers.

Beautiful architectural details downtown.

Two views of Pioneer Square.



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the fire escapes. Absolutely beautiful.

    The Smith Tower once was the tallest of its kind, the tallest in a certain part of the country, the tallest this, the tallest that. Isn't it amazing?

    ReplyDelete